August 18, 2021
Dear Morristown Central School Families:
Welcome to another new school year! The 2021-2022 school year will resemble a mix of “typical” routines but also will include several layered protection measures to reduce the transmission of COVID-19. At the heart of all decisions, we kept the safety of our students and staff at the forefront while working to bring all students back to in-person instruction.
Our complete reopening plan is listed under the COVID-19 tab on our website, www.greenrockets.org. We wanted to give our family members some updated procedures, so you are ready for September 3rd.
- All students will be back in school for in-person instruction five days per week following the regular school day schedule. Remote learning will only take place in the event of a Public Health required quarantine.
- Students will move class to class and will be assigned lockers as “normal.”
- Google Classroom will be used as a learning platform.
- The District will utilize the Remind App for communication with families.
- The After School Program will begin on Monday, September 13 and will run Monday through Friday and transportation will be available.
- New this year, a morning program will be available in the cafeteria beginning with drop off at 6:45 a.m. Two staff members will be available for academic support and supervision.
- Students will need to board the bus with a mask on. All drivers and riders must wear masks on the bus as per CDC regulations.
CDC Safety Procedures:
- Students will be seated approximately three feet apart to maintain physical distancing when feasible.
- Masks will be worn at all times except during mask breaks or when outside or during meals.
- Continued focus on cleaning and sanitizing within the building and on school busses.
- Students that are sick should remain home. Please see the included document regarding what to do if your child becomes sick or is diagnosed with COVID-19.
- In the event of a COVID-19 exposure, students and/or staff who are vaccinated will NOT be required to quarantine unless they become symptomatic. Unvaccinated students or staff will be required to quarantine per Public Health direction.
We are looking forward to the year ahead! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. As a reminder, our Open House will be held on Wednesday, September 1st from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Please join us to meet the teachers and see the classrooms before the first day of school on September 3rd!
Staci A. Vaughn , Superintendent David L. Doe, UPK-12 Principal